sexta-feira, 26 de agosto de 2011

Anna Skladmann’s "Little Adults"

Vadim on His Roof Terrace, Moscow 2009

"When we came up to the rooftop, it was a beautiful sunny and crisp midday. Vadim asked me how many photos I was planning to shoot, and I answered “maximum ten.” As the flash lit up, he slowly counted to ten in his head. After the ten frames of my first roll were finished, he went back inside, put on his pajamas and asked for a cup of tea so he could sit in front of his television in peace. Naturally, I had wanted to shoot ten rolls of film, not just ten frames."





Eva in Her Living Room, Moscow 2009

"When I came to photograph Eva, she was at home with her two nannies, one British and one Russian. She had planned everything in advance: the dress she had chosen hung already perfectly ironed and pressed with matching tights and shoes carefully next to it. I felt that I had been hired by Eva to do this shoot rather than the other way around. She was experienced and knowledgeable as she showed me the rooms we were allowed to photograph. She placed herself carefully on the edge of a couch, stood in front of her favorite painting, and posed in her parents’ library. At the end of this photo session she was exhausted and lay down on the sofa. Finally I was able to take the only photograph that I had composed myself."


Mais aqui.

Sem comentários: